Sunday, May 23, 2004

Sound Track to State House Races

In the Summer of 2000 I stayed in Oberlin. I was a Cole scholar and I worked for Natalie Mosher. About three weeks into the campaign (for me) "The Moon and Antarctica" (Modest Mouse) came out. It became my soundtrack for that summer. I listened to it over and over and over.

I have a feeling that "Good News for People Who Love Bad News" is going to be the same thing this time. I found a place to watch the new "Float On" video. It's amazingly strange. I don't know what to compare it to, except that there is some part of me that connects it to the theater scene in Mulholland Drive and the 7 Nation Army video. It also sort of feels like a happier version of some of Tool's videos. None of these are very rational associations, but see for yourself.

FLOAT ON

If that doesn't work...go here

One final note...I swear that Isaac Brock (lead singer) bears a remarkable ressemblence to DFA's own Beau W.

No comments: