Tuesday, May 18, 2004

Signs signs everywhere are signs

1) There is a taxidermist outside of Fort Collins that has on the sign for his business the following:

TAXIDERMIST
We support our troops.


I for one think this is just a bit morbid, or at least strange. You'd think they'd have it on a yard sign or something like that.

2) There is a sign in the Big Thompson Canyon that states: "In case of flood climb to safety." Colorado loves me, this I know, because the sign suggests it's so.

3) I saw a sign outside Fort Collins that said: "Fog conditions may exist." Very philosophical for your standard issue yellow highway sign. "I am a cloud formed of droplets of water collecting in low lying areas and will burn off in the midday, there for I am."

In other news
I cannot hit an outside jumper to save my damn life. I played some kid named Cole (an indication that he's young, probably born during the run of Married with Children) and got beat. Badly. Cole is very nice. 16. 6'4. Better than me. I am bad. This makes me angry, as I don't like to lose. So I will run harder tomorrow morning.

I have an apartment (I think). It is a 2BR place. It is in a not so great neighborhood. I am thrilled. I will begin to buy groceries, and have dinner alone. I will drink beer. I will be alone--but in the healthy, not underfoot way.

These are good developments. More on (moron..heh) Aaron's life at 11, back to you Frank.

No comments: