Thursday, May 13, 2004

The Reverend Aaron Leary

One really funny thing from today. I get a call from my mom, saying, there is a guy in Connecticut, Ken Sistler who has a package you tried to mail to Emily Thorson. I said, "oh, so that's why emily never got it." She says "yes, but it's even stranger than that. he called our house and asked for 'the reverend aaron leary.'" To explain-I mailed CDs to Emily. because frankly she needed cds mailed to her. Sparse collection of music, and a new cd player...she needed more music. When I was standing in line mailing the cds I thought it'd be funny to mail them to Emily Thorson, esq. and then having done that oh so funny thing, I return addressed them to "The Reverend Aaron Leavy."

So my mom has this strange man looking for her son, the rev. She responds quite well with, "Aaron LEAVY (my handwriting is poor) is our son. But he's not here, he's in Colorado on a campaign." So now this Ken guy thinks I'm a campaign chaplain. ministering to the woe-begotten field workers, bringing Jesus to the phone banks and bean feeds of the world. Rosaries and clipboards the life of the campaign chaplain.

Come to think of it, I think Ken might be a lawyer...so I may have brought this on myself...they may really think Em is a lawyer in his firm. If so, then I really hope they think I'm a man of the cloth (rayon).

No comments: