Tuesday, May 04, 2004

Silver Jews

I've been re-listening to most of my Silver Jews collection (American Water, Natural Bridge, Starlight Walker, and some other random songs). So good. I forgot just how much I love their lyrics:

"The stars don't shine on us, we're just in the way of their light"
"Moments can be monuments to you/If your life is interesting and true."
"I want to wander through the night as a figure in the distance even to my own eye"
"It's been evening all day long. How can something so old be so wrong."
"Half hours on earth what are they worth. I don't know. In 27 years I've drunk 50,000 beers and they just wash against me like the sea into a pier."
"On the last day of your life, don't forget to die."
"Fake I.D.'s and honeybees/the jagged skyline of car keys"
"My ski vest has buttons like convenience store mirrors/and they help me see, that everything in this room right now is a part of me. "
"I am the trick my mother played on the world "
"Windex tears flow down the robot's face."
"Oil paintings of x-rated picnics./Behind the walls of medication I'm free."
"I love to see a rainbow from a garden hose/lit up like the blood of a centerfold/I love the city and the city rain,/suburban kids with biblical names"
"So if you don't want me I promise not to linger/But before I go I gotta ask you dear about the tan line on your ring finger. "

No comments: