Friday, March 11, 2005

Aaron Leavy Announces Candidacy For Employment

Over a year ago, following the defeat of Howard Dean I began to travel the country in the usual way one does when seeking employment. I then formed the "Aaron for Employed in DC or Boston" exploratory committee, and today I'm officially declaring that, I Aaron Benjamin Leavy am a candidate for employment in the cities of Boston or Washington DC.*

I've travelled across the internet and met thousands** of supporters who've encouraged me to move to the East Coast. Supporters like, Allison Stuntz, who said, "Aaron, you'd like D.C., it's nice here"

This move is for the people like Allison and the dozens like her, people with the vision to encourage me to do things I've always said I wanted to do. This campaign is for the people like Mark Seide, who told me, "Boston is great, we could be neighbors." I seek employment not for the glory of earning money but out of the necessity of paying off my new iPod mini.

This is a campaign to unite and employ people everywhere***.

It is a monumentous task, one that I know is beyond my abilities alone. That is why I'm entrusting this campaign to my many friends, supporters and allies. The greatest lie that job seekers like me tell people like you is, "Don't worry, I'll be able to find a job quickly, on my own." Abraham Lincoln said that government of the people, by the people and for the people shall not perish from this earth. But I
like to think he was just as concerned with the employment status of people like me.

The truth is: You have the power. You have the power to let me know about the great little non profit in Sommerville. You have the power to suggest that I interview with Congressman X. You have the power to suggest that I call your ex boyfriend's old boss. You have the power to make me further indebted to you for your incredible generosity, frienship and kindness. And that is exactly what I plan to do.

Thank you very much. Thank you very much. Thank you very much.

=======
*Jen got into a mess of grad schools all along the east coast, and it
seems like the best two locations for me are either Boston or DC. I'm
hoping for your help in trying to locate something that works for me
in either place. I'm looking to move over the Summer, but would move
sooner if I found the right job.
**actual number may vary
***Well, really it's mainly a campaign to employ Aaron Leavy in one of
two specific places, Boston or DC, but why quibble with poetic
license.

Apologies to Gov Dean and the English language.

No comments: