Saturday, May 22, 2004

"ACE is the Place...

...with the helpful hardware folks", or so says the jingle. I went to ACE hardware today to pickup a shower curtain and dishwasher detergent. Glamorous trip, to be certain. I counted no fewer than 16 people milling around the floor aiding everyone in sight. Twice I was with in 3 feet of two sales associates at the same time. I asked how many people they had on staff, (keep in mind this is a small hardware store, not Home Depot, roughly the 1.25 times size of a Blockbuster video) the answer was 52. Everyone was helpful, kind and pleasant. I think there may have been more than 16--but it's hard to count all the 17 year old guys looked the same, short cropped brown hair, baby-face, fairly good looking in the way that you know they'll always be able to find dates, but won't model. It was surreal.

I was told before I arrived in Fort Collins that it receives 300 days of sunshine per year. It has rained 6 of the 11 days I've been here (well, actually it snowed two of those days). It rained again today.

No comments: