Sunday, May 23, 2004

Lazy Boy(s)

Yesterday my uncle marty visited. It's been entirely too long since we'd been able to spend time together. It was a nice visit. He has this tendency to never let you pay for anything. I remember as a child my parents, sister and I would travel to Colorado to see my uncle and aunt. And he would find a way to pay for gas, or the bill at a restaurant. Happened again. I now have free furniture. I own a second/third/11th hand lazy boy. I love it. I've always wanted a lazy boy (we never had one growing up). I have a desk. I also have a plunger, trashcan, and screwdriver. All acquired yesterday in various trips to the many stores of Fort Collins.

I myself have felt lazy. It is a hard thing to be ones own boss. I have been struggling, I worry I'm not working hard enough, I worry about nearly everything. Like in sports, I never want to wonder if I could have gotten the disk by laying out...always lay out, then you know it was or was not beyond your reach. It can be hard. But I'm starting to realize that I'll be alright. I needn't worry so much. And that sometimes, not always, but sometimes my personal notion of lazy is very far removed from the general usage of that term. I'm eager to get to work and really start kicking some ass. It'll be a challenging race, but one that we can win.

No comments: