Wednesday, June 09, 2004

Why Not Weiden

I was wandering on the inertnet when I came (again) to the Bush in 30 seconds site. I wanted to watch the winning video, "Child's Pay"

Why do we, as Democrats, insist on hiring the same tired ad firms. Each of the major Democratic firms has examples of great ads. Clearly they have talent, but maybe they're overworked, or just burnt out. Why not occassionally use people like Fisher a former Boulder resident now living in Denmark. Why not once in a while try and use Weiden Kennedy (besides the fact that it's probably the most expensive firm in the world). Weiden Kennedy does ESPN, NIKE, the new Miller commercials. If you've ever wanted to tape a commercial and re-watch it...it's probably a Weiden Kennedy. They did the poetry of sports montage for the Winter Olympics, etc.

It's baffling to me. Maybe it's just loyalty, but I have to believe that there are firms out there that could inject new ways of doing ads. But I'm guessing that won't be the case for a while...maybe never.

No comments: