Monday, June 21, 2004

Who'd Have Thought I'd Need to Go to Seattle to Escape the Rain

It's been rainy here. Rain seems to affect (someone tell me if it's affect or effect, I'm forgetting the rule here) Coloradoans the way snow does DC residents. Namely it ruins their daily lives, confuses them and all but calls into question their faith in God. Though people out here can drive through the rain, unlike DC drivers in the snow.

I've been here a short bit. But already I'm furious at the weather. How dare it rain for 4 days straight. What kind of horrible fate have I been given? Etc. Though it has been quite cold for June (namely 45-55 degrees). Today is more of the same. I'm heading to Seattle to see Rachel and Matt get married. I am going to get to read one of two passages either Robert Louis Stevenson or Shakespeare. I'm a big fan of Bill but the Stevenson passage is amazing so I'm hoping to get to read that one.

While in Seattle I'll be visiting Jen Katz (she of infinitedriveway, and a contributor to MuD), plus because she's great she's agreed to join me for the wedding. Jen says funny, witty, interesting things...so I'm sure she'll make a good partner in crime for the wedding--a get away driver for if I botch the readings...or make a toast with my fly down, or commit any other crime against weddings.

How odd is it that I'm expecting better weather in Seattle than in Fort Collins? I'll tell you, it's very odd. I'll try and take photos and I'll have a report on the slew of Seattle stories (see I avoided the obvious Sleepless in Seattle pun...and went straight for the semi obscure horse racing reference.)

No comments: