Tuesday, November 21, 2006

The Power of Postively Crazy Thinking

Who said this:


"I am not 'running' for president. I am seeking to create a movement to win the future by offering a series of solutions so compelling that if the American people say I have to be president, it will happen."


Tony Robbins, self help guru, infomercial staple
Tom Cramer
Newt Gingrich, Former Speaker of the House

If you guessed Newt you're right. What a fucked up quotation. It's like a cross between some new-agey, self help guide ("if you say it it will happen") and Harry Potter-level-incantation. I wonder where on the Tom Cramer Delusions of Grandeur Scale (tm) this ranks. I'd have to say only about a 5. Keep in mind the Tom Cramer Delusions of Grandeur Scale (tm) is like the Richter scale, it increases exponentially as you get toward Tom level crazy. For instance this is not nearly as ridiculous as when Tom explained to me that he was planning on leading a great Democratic revolution which would be bigger than the 1994 Contract with America and that he would of course be swept into the Speakership because of his incredible influence and acumen.

No comments: