Thursday, July 01, 2004

Should this make me feel strange?

I just got off the phone with my friend Amanda. She did our pro-choice organizing for Wellstone. She went to Carleton, but never played frisbee there. Rare. But I helped teach her to play, and she's become quite good. (which is neither here nor there, but it's simply background).

Amanda was nominally a Dean person when I was nominally in charge or partially in charge of the Dean group in Minnesota. The (cue the imperial march) she called me to say she was heading to Wisconsin to serve as a volunteer communications person for Kerry. I blurted out, "your boss (meaning Bill Burton) is a fucking asshole." I meant it. I don't know if I'd say that now, but nerves were raw. Etc. So we didn't talk a ton while we were both in Wisconsin. Since then we've traded messages. Today we talked. She's now heading down to Des Moines to work in Kerry's Iowa press staff. She's working out of the chicken coop, near the FOG. I don't know how I feel about this. That's a lie, I don't really like that at all. I am curious to see if the DEANVANCE carpet effect is still there.

But the really horrific news is this: The Minnesota for Kerry Campaign is based out of the old Wellstone for Senate office. I about drove off the road when I heard. Is that wrong? Is that silly? I've had ex girlfriends and they've each moved on, and yeah, I don't really like thinking of them with another guy (even though I don't wanna be their boyfriend), but this is far more of a violation of respect or something. Just makes me feel strange. I'll ask y'all....is that silly?

No comments: