Friday, July 09, 2004

Pursuit of Trivia

Went last night to a local trivia "event." Said event consists of filling a decent bar with lots of people and then asking them (in teams) questions. I went about 4 weeks ago. It was appaling. The questions were really annoying, and some of them I think were just wrong (what is the first skyscraper in NYC---flatiron....come now.) Tonight I was doing better, and our team was in good form. Fattiest fruit-- Avocado, Wood used to make baseball bats Ash, Real name for Northern Lights Aurora Boreallis. And so on. What I didn't know and maybe smart blog readers will....what was George Lucas' first film (presumably first film he made, not the first film he watched). I put American Graffiti, not so. THX 1138. I thought that was VCR head cleaning solution, apparently it's not. Oh well. So $3 for 32oz of beer, and free trivia, and adequate conversation...not a bad evening.


*The ding noise is misleading, because the questions are asked and then you write your answer after conferring with your teamates...but the ding reminds me of In The Know)

No comments: