Friday, August 13, 2004

Out of Thin Air

I'm sitting in a Seattle coffee shop. Across the way from me is a young rabbi with a Kerry shirt helping this couple plan their wedding. (The guy in the wedding is nerdy and anxious, clearly eager, but trying to show how smart he is. I cannot imagine being a nerdy anxious guy trying to demonstrate how smart I am...) Hmmmmm.

In other news, as per the 1st sentence I'm in Seattle.

The air is heavy here. It's full of oxygen and water. It's not rainy, it's just fucking heavy. Photos of the trip will follow. But a quick recap (maybe more recaps later).

Total miles driven 1440+
Stops (including to sleep) 7 (6 stops for gas, and one at Motel 6 in Boise).
Hours Spent listening to Krakauer's "Into Thin Air" 6
States: 5
Days:2
Meals: 1

At a market in Grand Junction I saw a sign that read: "Employees: If someone needs help with slaughtering transfer the call to Ron in the meat department. If Ron isn't here contact the manager." Apparently this is a concern...slaughtering. Yikes. More observations to follow...as I get some rest. I'm beat.

No comments: