Saturday, May 21, 2005

Wild Kingdom...and Aaron

I made it safely home. The connection here is sorta screwy so I already lost a wildy funny, insightful pulitzer worthy post...so you'll just have to settle for this crap.

Bison

According to the park materials bison are the largest land mammals in North America (I'd have guessed Grizzlies, but who am I to quibble with authoritative signage). This guy and I came much closer right after the photo, to within about 8 feet, at which distance you fully believe the park pamphlet which cautions against bison maulings. Those horns seem wholly capable of turning my skin into a pulpy mass. So suffice to say I was happy when mr bison decided to move off of the path I was walking.

Bear

By way of direct contrast with Mr. Bison, this black bear seemed very tame and cuddly...though I have to imagine that hundreds of feet and a river helped me to warm to it.

Mountain Goats

These goats were just hanging off the side of a mountain as I drove by. I stopped on the highway (not an advisable move) and took this and a few other photos of them.

more photos at http://www.extra-vaganza.blogspot.com

No comments: