Saturday, May 14, 2005

Piece of Shit Car

Like the Sandler song...my auto is a piece of shit. Having just spent 500 getting it fixed and prepared for the trip cross country, today it begins to make a little noise when I accelerate going up hill, something that you might imagine me needing to do as I...oh I don't know drive up and over the Rocky Mountains. Needless to say this happened well after the garages have closed for the week. I'm going to take it tomorrow to some brand place...firestone, mr. goodwrench, something like that. The good news is that having tested it a bunch around town, I've found that the noise is very slight and generally doesn't sound damaging. And as someone who has had more than my fair share of car trouble, I've gotten good at judging the severity of various noises. I still have no clue what they are. You could tell me I have a broken right stamen and I'd think...that sounds plausible and it explains why I have such trouble knocking up other flowers. Here's hoping that it's nothing, or at least that if there is a problem they tell me how lucky I was that I caught it before I was stranded in Idaho or Montana..or really any of the states along the way (excepting MN).

No comments: