Sunday, April 25, 2004

But I digress...and regress

I realize that this blog has become somewhat disjointed and has the effect of replicating a conversation walked into at strange moments. Frankly that accurately represents where I am right now. My thoughts lack the normall through-line...

Went with Brian and Jeff to play miniature golf last night. I used to play a lot of mini-golf/putt putt. I used to be fairly good (or at least shoot par). I admit this not out of pride, but as more of a confession. Yes, I'm competitive about this as well. We played on my "home course" I shot a 43 (2 over par, though on came on the final hole, one of these put it into the ball return and we'll assign you a score....I "bogeyed" the hole).

Then went to the nearby batting cages. Medium. Fucking slow as hell. Couldn't seem to keep my weight on the back foot, pulled some shots almost into the cage next to me. Popped up a few. Generally it was great to feel that solid contact again. I'm thinking of going back to the cages today. Work on my switch hitting.

After that we returned to Brian's house and watched the South Park movie. I realized, only this morning, that I'd reverted wholly and completely to high school. Miniature golf, south park movie, in bed by 11:30. I was my 17 year old self all over.

Usually I'd write about how that sickens me, etc., but frankly there was something reassuring about it. Something more pleasant about it than I'd want to admit. I think I'll go drop 5 or 6 bucks on the cages later today. Work on getting some killer blisters on my hands, and see if I can remember how to drive the ball.

No comments: