Monday, April 26, 2004

Blisters Build Character

Brian and I went to the batting cages. Each took 160 swings. Each developed some prize winning blisters. A nice, stinging reminder of athletic involvement. There is something achingly familiar about bruises, blisters, and sore muscles--feels good. Hit 6 out of 16 lefthanded in the VERY FAST. A few potential doubles and a nice shot up through the box. Right handed was better (dominant hand). One or two great shots. Lots of pulled foul balls. Long story short---it's great to be swinging a bat again.

Maybe tomorrow will be tennis. I haven't played that in forever. I wonder if I can still crank the serve up.

Fun link of the day: Iron Chef Drinking Game

Fun link II, and a question, if I buy this have I become every annoying po-mo glass wearing, indie rock concert going guy?

No comments: