Wednesday, March 30, 2005

NY State of Mind

Congratulations to Brian on his new job as campaign manager for Cynthia Doty. He's running her "underdog" effort to win election to the NY City Council. Her district encompasses small portions of the Upper West Side, Morningside Heights and Harlem. And if there's one thing I know about Brian is that he is beloved in Harlem.

I'm excited for him. He was enduring the horrible wait that comes from working, or more appropriately, not working on campaigns. It grates on you. It makes you question your talents. I must admit to being jealous. I had a shot to manage a campaign and I screwed the pooch. Granted there were some mitigating factors (no real control, a party that hated me, and a candidate who didn't ever listen to me) but all the same it felt like a failure. I'm excited for Brian, I think he'll do really well.

I'm still trying to find what job I want in DC. Mainly I want to learn from my boss, and view them as a means to learn not an obstacle. I'm really hopeful that I'll be able to make that move in the next few months, as I'm ready to move forward professionally. It's been a long year of jobs I don't love, and that takes its toll.

No comments: