Wednesday, March 31, 2004

Liberals Can Never Be Political...

"Liberals, properly speaking, can never be political. Liberals tend to be optimistic about human nature, whereas 'all genuine political theories presuppose man to be evil.'"

A nifty little article about German thinker Carl Scmitt and about how liberals fail to see politics in sufficiently adversarial and violent terms. JKD, I'm guessing you'd agree. Sadly I hate this part of politics. I guess I'm a "liberal," at heart. But I'm starting to acquiesce....let's just beat the ever-living shit out of those fuckers.

"There is, for liberals, always something as important, if not more important, than victory, whether it be procedural integrity, historical precedent, or consequences for future generations." True. That's hard for me. But I refer back to the beating of those fuckers argument. Gotta toughen up.

No comments: