Friday, July 07, 2006

Preliminary Seattle Photos

Visiting Seattle was amazing. I miss the West. I miss the topography, the pace, the places. It was physically painful to fly over the mountains of Wyoming and Washington and know that I was only visiting. That these were foreign sights. I was a tourist, not a local.

That said, it was a great trip in some ways. The worries I had before I left remain. They were my second carry on, and followed me throughout. But I feel better now, and am mildly hopeful about the future. I want to feel more of that. I want to be my own previous/best self. But right now the breakthrough is slow to come, so I'll settle for progress, in any form, at any speed.

On Tuesday (July 4th), frisbee friends, Jess and I hiked Lake 22. It's a 5+ mile hike in the Glacier Peak region (Mt. Baker/Snoqualmie National Forest). It's incredible. One of the most beautiful places I have ever been. It made me sad to realize that such beauty is just an hour or so from Seattle, and seemingly much further from DC. Given the choice between mountains and monuments, I'm a sucker for topography.

Here are some photos of Lake 22. More to follow, as well as more about Potlatch--the very reason for the trip.



Someday I'll get back there. In the meantime, I'm grateful for the experience and glad I have the photos to conjure the memories.

No comments: