Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Who Let the Dogs Out

Since when were puppies such a key feature of political ads. It's odd. I can think right now of three ads I've seen that feature puppies this cycle alone. And that's without even searching for them. I mean I guess there is the grandaddy of them all, the Nixon Checkers Speech but this year there have been a profusion of ads predicated upon candidates like and treatment of puppies. Seriously, someone call up Arby's and tell them to give Baha Men the afternoon off because this political season it's all about: Who Loves the Dogs Most, Woof, Woof.

Dick DeVos

The best is this anti-Dick DeVos Ad

Michael Steele
There's a Michael Steele ad about puppies.According to the ad he loves puppies. And a DSCC ad in response.

Harold Ford
And now in response to the awful ad against Harold Ford (about which I blogged below) there's a Ford ad where he invokes the threat of injury to the canine class. Amazing stuff.

You'll note that no one invokes attacking a cat as a sign of evil. I hear it polls very well to be a cat kicker.

====
UPDATE. I checked for legislative score cards from the ASPCA. Turns out Ben Cardin (Steele's opponent) scored a 83% from the Humane Society of America in the most recent scorecard I could find, and that Harold Ford was only at 50% agreement. No information on Dick DeVos, or Michael Steele

No comments: